Monday, August 31, 2009

A New Age!

My Birthday!

As I stare outside at the moon, clouds and the beautiful climate, I await 12:01am, where I turn a new age, contemplate what it all means and how much good juice did I consume! To my recolation I can attest t00 many occasions where I shared amazing and unforgettable memories of wine and company....But I can think of three occasions where it really stands out!

I was invited as a guest from a very dear friend of my fathers to join a tasting at Spagos. Vieux Chateau Certan was the producer and I tasted the vintages of 1986 to 2006. A very memorable evening, meeting friends from the past that use to come to our home for amazing wine tastings in my Fathers cellar, to the best Epicurean delights from Wolfgang Puck, hands on in the kitchen...this was a special night for me and I will treasure it always!

Second, as it always ends up, my family..1970 Chateau Grand Corbin Grand Cru. Started off rather innocent with Champs leading the evening and ending up with this fruity, perfectly structured St. Emilion wine that took my breath away....Showed off many different characteristics thru the evening and always kept us wanting more...We had a slow cooked pork with it, where no knife was needed, a Beautiful evening!..

Third, Thanksgiving last October! It was a "family affair", my sister and family, my brother and family along with my husband and children...It was a 5 day feast of culinary delights and wines from all the Grand Cru and their friends. My brother and his wife have a lovely home upper state NY. We gather there with the children and really enjoy cooking, picking out wines from their amazing cellar and each others company... I am very fortunate to have such amazing family, in my life to share these amazing times...Looking back this vacation really stands out!!! We opened up all these wines over a course of five days and experienced so many different Producers and vintages....A very special time and very generous of our host....Thank you!
1989 Echezeaux Grand Cru, Mugneret-Gibourg, Vosne-Romanee. 1998 Guvee-Marie Beurrier Bonneau & Fils, Chateauneuf-Du-Pape.
1966 Chateau Mouton Rothschild. 1988 Chateau Mouton Rothschild. 1988 Grand Vin de Chateau Latour. 1988 Hermitage LaChapelle, Paul Jaboulet Aine. 1990 Chateau de Beaucastel, Chateauneuf du Pape. 1978 La Spinona Barbaresco. Berutti Pietro. Such amazing wine, very special time...

Now that it is 12:07am, I wish myself Happy Birthday and look back on a year of special family times, great experiences and to a beautiful life. Thank you to all that make it special, this is me, my world and my life!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Orange County, CA, United States
I grew up with my Father, who had a great love and passion for wine and food. In the early 70's he collected many of the Grand Cru and wines that we now seek for collecting at a very high price. To my Father and a small group of friends, these wines were not marketed and highly worshiped as they are today, they merely collected them at a small price and educated themselves on each unique bottle. With this passion came a movement that started the wine shock in the early 70's and has continued until today. These same friends are very influential in the wine world today, wine editors, wine shop owners and highly praised collectors that keep us all on a watch for the next great wine of the year. Learning and tasting the great wines of the world at such an early age, forged a great love for admiring and collecting the grape. With this passion I bring to you along with my tasting notes, education and travels to find the grapes that make us all want to collect and experience a new bottle of wine, that dazzles our palate and makes us smile with each sip. I hope to share my love and experiences with you, Cheers!